Friday, December 21, 2007

Making Progresss

It's been a month since my last post, so it's time for an update. I've continued to make progress, most of which is bug fixing. I've also improved several error messages to read more clearly. There are 25 new test programs for a total of 478.

The hardest problems to fix always involve generics. The good news is that after fixing problems with generics, everything else is a cakewalk.

(Note: "CLI" stands for "Common Language Infrastructure" and I reference it instead of ".NET" because Cobra also runs on Novell Mono.)

I've also added a new -embed-run-time option so that you can deliver a CLI .DLL to C#, VB and other CLI users without requiring that they have a Cobra.Lang.dll on their system. Extreme compatibility with C# and VB is one of Cobra's goal. The idea is that you should be able to vend Cobra libraries back out to other CLI users both technically and practically.

I expect to release 0.6 before the New Year.

And I'll be at the 2008 Lang.NET Symposium in late January.

No comments: